Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
The perfectly chewy cookie is here! Tis the season of pumpkin spice and chocolate, these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies are a combination of both Fall flavors! For our vegan friends, the cookies are made without butter OR eggs, AND they taste amazing! Made with bits of our 85% Dark Chocolate Chips with Coconut Sugar and pumpkin spice, these cookies are the best way to start kissing Fall goodbye! Did you know, pumpkin spice is filled with tons of antioxidants? Well, now you do, so take a big bite out of one of these cookies and feel good about it too!
- ¾ cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree or butternut squash puree (can be homemade!)
- 3 teaspoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice
Once both bowls are combined:
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- sea salt for garnish
- In one bowl, combine the first set of ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the second set of ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry mixture into one bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Once fully combined, add in our dark chocolate chips
- Scoop out medium sized bits of the dough, form circles, and layer on a lined baking sheet
Tip: put batter in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 11-12 minutes. Let cool, add salt for garnish, and enjoy!
Tip: take the tray out after 5 minutes and tap it on your work surface to allow for a crinkle top
Want to try another easy-to-make dessert? Try our Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bites!
By: Madison Simone. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on recipe by Addicted To Dates.