Quick Chocolate Bread
Only have 15 minutes to make breakfast? Treat yourself with this Quick Chocolate Bread recipe! No, it's not actually bread. In fact, the only think bread-like about this creation is its shape! More like a loaf of chocolate cake, "chocolate bread" is ideal for a sweet breakfast or a morning tea compliment. It is cut into thin slices and can be stored best in the freezer for an even quicker, more on-to-go breakfast. This recipe is also filled with and White Chocolate Chips for an explosion of chocolatey flavors in every slice! Let the aromas from our smooth and silky cacao powder flood your kitchen as you take your first bite into this deliciously moist chocolate treat!
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In one bowl, mix together dry ingredients (leave out ¼ dark chocolate chips to be added on the top of all combined ingredients later) and in another bowl, mix together the wet
- Now combine both the wet and dry ingredients all into one bowl and pour the batter into a greased loaf tin
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes
- Let it cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes until you can lift it out easily, then let it cool further before slicing, and enjoy!
Call it “cake,” or call it “bread.” Take a bite, and you’ll call it “heavenly” instead!
Want to try another delicious recipe? try our Zucchini Brownies!
By: Madison Simone. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on recipe by Sugar Salt Magic