Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse
Want to indulge in a chilled treat without the heavy creams and added sugar? Try this gluten-free Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse for a healthier dessert option on a warm day. Made with only five ingredients, including our 72% Dark Chocolate Chips, this creamy Greek yogurt-based mixture is simple to make and protein-packed! The mousse is sweetened by golden honey and a thicker consistency can be achieved by placing it in the freezer for an hour! Give this recipe a try, you won't regret it!
- 1 ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup 72% Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, start by adding the milk and chocolate chips on low heat and stir until melted.
- Once the chips are melted, take the pan off the heat for 3-5 minutes to set.
- Add in the honey, vanilla, and yogurt, and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour out the mixture into a bowl and let it chill for 2 hours before serving.
Tip: add a bit of whipped cream for that extra creamy sweet flavor!
This creamy chocolate dessert is a great way to sneak in some extra protein and probiotics. Treat yourself with this recipe in more ways than one!
Want to try another creamy dessert? How about our Mason Jar Banana Split!
By Madison Simone. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on Recipe by Smiling Notes