Quinoa Chocolate Cupcakes
Happy Chocolate Cupcake Lover's Day! Try this simple and delicious Quinoa Chocolate Cupcake recipe to celebrate! These quinoa based cupcakes taste so good, you don't even need to add frosting! Our Organic Cacao Powder is sure to bring a rich and unique flavor to these cupcakes, plus extra antioxidants and vitamins! These cupcakes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, while still making for a wholesome dessert, thanks to the natural ingredients. Not to mention that quinoa adds protein, fiber, and antioxidants to this gluten-free treat, making it the perfect summer snack or dessert. The extra protein allows you to stay energized and avoid a sugar crash!
- 2/3 cups of raw white or golden quinoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 cup KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- To begin, rinse the quinoa and cook it, using either a rice cooker, following the cooker’s instructions, or bringing it to a boil on a stovetop with 1 1/3 cups of water. If cooking over the stove, allow the quinoa to simmer for 10 minutes, then turn off heat and allow it to sit covered for another 10 minutes. Using either method, fluff the quinoa with a fork once it is ready, and put in the fridge to cool while you move on to the next steps
- Next melt the butter over the stove or in the microwave, and set it aside to cool
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a blender or food processor, add the milk, eggs, and vanilla, blending them until well combined
- Ensuring both the cooked quinoa and butter are cool, add both and continue to blend
- Add the sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the mixture and continue to blend until well combined and smooth
- Prepare the muffin tin by lining each tin with cupcake liners or parchment paper and fill each cupcake about half-way to allow for them to rise
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the batter has risen. You can test if the cupcakes are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cupcake. If it comes out clean, then it is ready!
- Allow to cool, decorate as desired, and enjoy!
Love Chocolate? Hate Gluten? Try our Mini Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Cakes out!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Images by Ana Bruna Jaramillo. Original Recipe by Cake on the Brain