Mini Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Cakes
With the end of the holiday season comes the end of holiday treats, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop baking amazing things! Here at KakaoZon we believe there’s always something to celebrate and every meal should be as wholesome as it is delicious. Today, take some time to rest and enjoy the little things in life, like these mini chocolate cakes! Our gluten-free and plant-based recipe offers a tasty alternative to traditional cake, without missing out on the amazing rich taste and texture of a typical chocolate cake. These cakes are perfect for sharing with friends and family (just make sure to double or triple the recipe if you’re sharing with lots of people!), or for a small dessert to treat yourself throughout the week! These taste great warm or cool and are a simple treat that can help you enjoy the little things today!
- ½ cup of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips (we recommend our 63% or 85% Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Use vegetable oil or vegan nonstick spray to prepare ramekins
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for about 40 seconds or until fully melted (it helps to squash them with a whisk or fork!)
- Add the oil and maple syrup to the melted chocolate chips, stirring until well combined. Set this mixture aside to cool
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, cacao powder, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, until the mixture is an even texture and color
- Pour the cooled chocolate mix into the bowl with the flour mixture and continue stirring until all the ingredients are well combined
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins, filling them about halfway, and place on a baking sheet (in case the batter spills) and bake for about 12-15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
These are great topped off with some vegan whipped cream and some more of our chocolate chips! Enjoy and let us know what you think in the comments!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.