Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins (and Cake!)
This recipe is a two-in-one! First, we created a spongey chocolate chip cookie muffin, then we realized, with a few additional ingredients, we could turn the same cookies into a delicious moist cake! An assortment of our rich and earthy Chocolate Chips in every delightful bite, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins are the best breakfast treat to go along with your coffee, and the perfect after-dinner dessert! And to repurpose your ingredients, use the same measurements for each, add 2 tablespoons of our 100% Organic Cacao Powder, grab a bit of butter for the cake mold, and TA-DA! A Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffin Cake! (Wow, that’s a mouthful…literally)
- 12 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- Kakaozon chocolate chips (we used an assortment of white, 63% dark, and milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Mix well, set aside.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, beat eggs for 2 minutes. Then, add sugar and mix both ingredients.
- Add in vanilla extract, mix for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream, mix for 30 seconds again.
- Add cooking oil. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients mix in low speed for the first 30 seconds.
- Finally, add Kakaozon dark chocolate chips
- Fill the muffin thin with the batter and bake cookies for 11-13 minutes. Enjoy!
Now for the cookie cake, taking the same ingredients (and measurements), complete steps 1-6 above, then:
- Separate ¼ mix and add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder. Stir.
- Add the mix (without cacao powder) to the buttered pan
- Add cacao powder mixture on top of preparation.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or paring knife comes out clean.
Want to try another sweet treat? Try our Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars!
Written by Madison Simone. Pictures and recipe by Jessica Duran.