Vegan Gluten-free Oatmeal Cookies
Craving oatmeal cookies? Instead of buying some cookies why don’t bake them fresh at home – that way you can add extra chocolate chips! These soft cookies are also plant-based and gluten-free so they’re perfect for most dietary restrictions! Plus, the cookie dough is completely edible, so if you're not in the mood to bake just mix up a batch and enjoy!
- ¾ cups of dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips ( We recommend our 85% Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, maple syrup, applesauce, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and cream together until slightly fluffy
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until well combined, the dough should be a thick consistency
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop out the dough and place small dough balls on a pan lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cookies have risen (they should still look a bit raw in the middle!) and remove from the oven
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.