Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough
Kids may love licking the bowl while your cookies bake in the oven, but regular raw cookie dough is not the safest for them to eat. Try this no-bake cookie dough instead! This easy recipe calls for 5 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to prepare! It’s a simple and healthy snack that kids won’t be able to get enough of. And since it’s made with chickpeas, that’s not a bad thing! Plus no one will even know the chickpeas are there! This recipe is also plant-based and gluten-free! Our premium chocolate chips really take this already unique and delicious recipe to the next level.
Who says cookie dough is just for kids? Be sure to make sure you get to try some because cookie dough is great for grown-ups too, especially when it’s this good and good for you! The yummy taste and wholesome ingredients are sure to leave your kids, and you, smiling, inside and out!
- 15 oz of canned chickpeas
- ½ cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips (We recommend our 63% Dark Chocolate Chips!)
- Open the can of chickpeas and be sure to drain and thoroughly rinse the beans to reduce the salt content
- Add the chickpeas, almond butter, flour, and maple syrup to a food processor and blend until the mixture has a thick and even texture. This is the plain cookie dough, that obviously still needs chocolate chips!
- In large bowl, combine the cookie dough from the food processor and fold in the chocolate chips mixing until evenly distributed. You can add more or less depending on your preferences, and even mix in different kinds or some of our Chocolate Covered Fruits!
- That’s it! All that’s left is to enjoy!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original Recipe by Lovely Delites