Thanksgiving Chocolate Pie
Elevate your Thanksgiving dinner by wrapping it up with a delicious chocolate pie! Simple to make, but decadent and not overly sweet. You only need 5 pantry ingredients for the filling and 5 minutes of prep. The hard part is waiting!
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store bought
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder. Vigorously whisk in the eggs, butter, and evaporated milk until completely combined and smooth (batter will be thin.)
- Pour batter into the pie crust and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until the filling sets and there is a thin crust on the top. (It might be slightly jiggly in the center, but that’s okay - as it sits and cools, it will set up more.)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Slice and serve with a little whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
Written by Brunella Boccoleri, photos and video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original recipe by Amy.