Fruit Smoothie Topped with Cacao Nibs
Did you know cacao is a superfood that is considered heart healthy? Cacao contains more antioxidants per gram than blueberries, red wine, raisins, prunes and even pomegranates! Our premium 100% Organic Cacao Nibs are made of the finest quality Ecuadorian cacao. Pair that kind of nutrition with some fresh fruits in a blender and you get this incredible treat! This smoothie is made from your favorite fruit combo and plant based milk, making it the perfect vegan treat for sipping next to the pool or in the backyard. Enjoy this simple and delicious smoothie on a hot summer day! The best part is that there are infinite combinations to try. Check out our suggestions below! Our cacao nibs make this already wholesome drink into a nutrition powerhouse!
- 1 large banana
- 1 1/2 cup cubed fruit (We recommend equal parts Strawberries, Pineapples, Peaches, and Mangos)
- 1/8 cup KakaoZon Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 to 1 cup plant-based milk (add more if needed)
- Slice the banana and cube any additional fruits being added to the mix
- Mix all the fruits together in a bowl and place in them in the freezer for at least half an hour, this way your smoothie will be cold but not filled with ice!
- Place the frozen fruits, milk, and cacao nibs together in a blender and blend until the desire consistency is reached. You may need to add more milk if you prefer a creamier smoothie!
- Top off with more cacao nibs or fruit, if desired, and enjoy!
More Fruit Combos:
Berry Blend: ½ cup of strawberries, ½ cup of blueberries, ½ cup of raspberries
Melon Medley: ½ cup of watermelon, ½ cup of cantaloupe, ½ cup of honeydew melon
Tropical Trifecta: ½ cup of mango cubes, ½ cup of pineapple cubes, ½ cup orange slices (be sure to use coconut milk too!)
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video and recipe by Sophia Malcoyannis.