December is here and that means that the weather is beginning to cool down! It’s the perfect time to put on your favorite sweater and enjoy some rich hot chocolate. We all know that it’s easy to make a simple hot cocoa with a sugary packet of cocoa mix and some water, but nothing beats the taste of fresh homemade hot chocolate. Our recipe is made with milk and premium cacao, giving it a rich and full taste. Don't worry if you have dietary restrictions, our cacao is gluten free and it's easy to make this recipe vegan! Just curl up with your favorite book and enjoy some delicious hot chocolate!
- 2 cups of milk (or plant-based milk! We recommend unsweetened oat milk!)
- 2 tablespoons of KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- ½ tablespoon of brown sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Your favorite KakaoZon Chocolate Bar! (To top it all off!)
- Add the milk, cacao powder, and sugar into a small saucepan or pot over medium heat
- Gently stir everything together until it’s all well blended
- Allow the milk to come to a gentle simmer (watch it to make sure it doesn’t boil over!) and pour into your favorite holiday mug!
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shaving
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on Recipe by Alpha Foodie