Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing beats fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies, but sometimes making them is a little tricky. Some recipes call for freezing and thawing of cookie dough, but by the time the cookies are ready to eat you’re tired and you might not even want cookies anymore. Sometimes a simple recipe is what you need. All you need to do for our recipe is measure, mix, and bake! To get started you need a bowl, a large non-stick pan (or a regular pan with a baking sheet), and something to mix with, whether that’s a mixer or just a fork and your arm!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of KakaoZon 85% Dark Chocolate Chips
* Missing some of these ingredients? Check out our substitutions below! *
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix until combined. Make sure that the butter is at room temperature, so it is easier to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and incorporate it into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mixing until smooth. Ensure that there are no lumps of flour in the batter before you move to the next step.
- Add and fold chocolate chips into the batter. Feel free to add more or less depending on your preferences!
- Measure out small balls of cookie dough about 2-3 inches wide. It helps to measure with a tablespoon. Place the cookie dough about 3-4 inches apart on a non-stick pan or baking sheet
- Put them in the oven at 350 F for 8-10 minutes or until they turn light golden-brown around the edges (it's best if they look a little raw in the center), then wait for them too cool and serve!
- We recommend our 85% dark chocolate chips but any of our chocolate chips work great with this recipe!
- Don’t have enough chocolate chips left? You can use any chocolate! Use up those left-over chocolate bars and mix them in! Break some squares from our chocolate bars! They’re the perfect size for chocolate chunk cookies!
- If you are following a plant-based diet or have sensitivities to eggs or dairy, try substituting the eggs for ½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce (1/4 cup for each egg) and the butter for either vegetable oil or nut butter (if you like denser cookies with a nutty flavor!)
Next time you want something a little sweet try this recipe out, maybe it'll be your new favorite! Best served with a glass of milk!
Until next Time!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original Recipe by joyfoodsunshine