Rice Cake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites
If you're a peanut butter and chocolate person, this snack will be your new go-to low calorie sweet! These frozen Rice Cake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are light and crunchy bits of chocolate-covered rice cakes drizzled with a peanut butter and coconut oil mixture. Creating this snack is quick and easy. Perfect for an at-home movie night, these nutty, chocolatey bites will be your new favorite recipe! This satisfyingly sweet snack is made with gluten-free ingredients and can easily be made with our dark chocolate chips. Once you take a bite of these simple and healthy bites, you won't stop until they're gone!
- rice cakes, unsalted (ensure they are gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips (substitute with any of our dark chocolate chips to make this recipe vegan!)
- 3 ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (can substitute for any other nut butter, sunflower butter, or granola butter)
- Use your hands to break up the rice cakes into bite-size pieces, and place into a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips with 3 teaspoons of coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds, stopping to mix the warm chocolate chips and microwave for 10 more seconds, mixing again until well-combined.
- Scoop the chocolate coconut oil mixture onto the broken rice cakes and mix until the bites are completed coated.
- Place the chocolate-covered bites into a lined 8x8 pan.
- Melt the peanut butter and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil for about 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the warm peanut butter coconut oil mixture onto the chocolate covered bites.
- Stick the batch into the freezer for at least 30 minutes if you prefer a frozen snack. If not, skip this step and enjoy!
Customizations for this recipe are ENDLESS! These Rice Cake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites can be topped with sea salt or peanuts for a salty and sweet flavor, or with fruit for added natural sweetness. There is also the option of adding mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces for a S’mores flavor!
Grab a baggy filled with these bites when you’re on-the-go or add a handful to your kid’s lunch box for a healthy alternative to something sweet!
Want to try another frozen and healthy snack? Try our Vegan Fudgesicle Recipe!
By Madison Simone. Recipe by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original recipe by @tastegreatfoodie