Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes it doesn’t feel that way. Between a plethora of unhealthy yet easy choices and finding time during the morning rush to put a wholesome option together, sometimes it just seems easier to skip breakfast altogether. It’s even trickier if you’re following a dairy-free, plant-based, or gluten-free diet. Our vegan friendly, gluten-free recipe is a simple, quick, and wholesome option, perfect for meal prepping and busy mornings! Plus, there are endless ways to enjoy this simple breakfast! These oats are totally customizable, so if you get bored of the recipe below, get creative and try different combinations (or check out our suggestions at the bottom of the page)! This recipe take a few minutes to prepare at night, and time does the "cooking" for you while you get your beauty sleep!
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats (ensure the oats are gluten free if needed!)
- 1 ¼ cup of dairy or plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips (we recommend our 63% or 85% Dark Chocolate Chips but any of our Chocolate works great!)
* Want to try something a little different? Check out our suggestions below! *
- Pour 1/3 cup of oats into a sealable container (to ensure no overnight spills!)
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate chips and about half of the banana in slices
- Add another 1/3 cup of oats and on top add the rest of the banana slices and the rest of the chocolate chips
- Pour the remain 1/3 cup of oats on top and add the honey or maple-syrup (and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top if desired!)
- Pour the milk over the layers slowly and seal the container
- Then put the oats in the fridge and get to sleep! No mixing or cooking required! The oats will be ready in the morning or after about 6 hours
Suggestions and Substitutions:
- Switch up the chocolate chips! Check out all our options here!
- Add in a few squares of our Inclusion Bars for a unique twist!
- Use KakaoZon Cacao Nibs instead of chocolate chips for a little extra crunch!
- Mix a tablespoon of KakaoZon Cacao Powder into the milk before you pour it over the oats for an extra chocolatey treat!
- Try the recipe with different fruits and berries. Strawberries and chocolate go great together!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.