Indulge in the sheer elegance and intoxicating taste of our Lace Cookies with Chocolate Filling. These delicate, lacy cookies are crisp, buttery, and filled with a rich, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate center. Perfect for those who love a touch of sophistication in their sweet treats. Follow along as we share the recipe that transforms simple ingredients into these exquisite cookies.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light or dark corn syrup or milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- In a medium saucepan on low heat melt the butter. Once melted add the brown sugar, almond flour, salt, and milk/corn syrup.
- Cook and whisk the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and the ingredients are completely combined.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract. Let the cookie dough sit and thicken for 10 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and lines 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- After the dough has thickened drop scant teaspoonfuls of the dough 3 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. The cookies will be dry and crisp when cooled.
- Once cooled sandwich cookies with melted chocolate. To sandwich spread the melted chocolate on the bottom of one cookie and sandwich with another.
- Cookies will stay fresh covered at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
Written by Kira Moore, photos and video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original recipe by Sally