Double Dark Chocolate Molasses Cookies
The holiday season is here so there's no better time to try a fun cookie recipe! Our cookies are full of flavor and shareable for holiday parties! This recipe makes soft, crumbly, chewy cookies with a unique flavor. The rich sweet taste of molasses, mixed with the unique flavor of our premium cacao, and filled with our smooth and tasty chocolate chips make for an amazing cookie! The sweetness of the molasses with our dark chocolate creates a melody of flavors that's hard to resist! The dough doesn’t spread so you can make the cookies into fun holiday shapes! This is a great recipe to make with kids! The steps are simple enough for them to help, and they’ll love cutting out the fun holiday shapes and tasting the sweet full flavor of the cookies!
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsulfured molasses
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of KakaoZon 85% Dark Chocolate Chips (or any of our Chocolate Chips, use more if desired!)
- Holiday Icing and Toppings!
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter until fluffy! Ensure that the butter is room temperature!
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and molasses, blending until the batter is smooth and even in color.
- Next, add the flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda to a large bowl and stir gently until well blended. The dough should be thick enough to hold its shape! (If not, add a tiny bit more flour!)
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold them in! Feel free to add more or different kinds if desired!
- Flatten some of the dough on a baking sheet (the dough is very sticky!) until it is about a quarter of an inch thick and use cookie cutters to make shapes! (You can also just flatten ball of dough if you don’t want to make shapes, just note that the dough does not spread so you have to form it to the shape you want!)
- Bake at 350 F for 6-9 on a baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about half an hour and then have fun decorating!
This dough is perfect for making cookies into all sorts of fun shapes, so use it whenever you're in the mood for a rich, chocolatey, sweet treat!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.