Dark Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Bar
Looking for a delicious and healthy snack that satisfies your sweet cravings? Look no further than these homemade dark chocolate almond oatmeal bars. Made with vegan and gluten-free ingredients, including oats, almond butter, and dark chocolate, these bars are perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions. Whether you're following a specific diet or simply looking for a healthier alternative to store-bought snacks, these bars are sure to satisfy your cravings. Check out our recipe below.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour or almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided (or other nut-butter)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 inch baking pan parchment paper or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, maple syrup, 1/2 cup almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon. It should be sticky and clump together easily. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more nut butter. If too wet, add in more oats/flour.
- Transfer half of the mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly. Place in the fridge and let harden for at least 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has hardened in the fridge, melt the chocolate chips along with the remaining 1/4 cup almond butter until creamy and smooth, you can use a double boiler or stovetop. Pour the chocolate on the oat layer and refrigerate until hardened, about 1 hour.
- Remove the chocolate layer from the fridge and place the remaining oat mixture on top. Place back in the fridge to harden, at least 30 more minutes.
- Slice into 9-12 bars (depending on what size bar you like). The bars will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
Written by Kira Moore, photos and video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original recipe by Alex Caspero