Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
Looking for an easy to make no-bake snack that is packed with protein and flavor? These almond butter bars topped with dark chocolate are the perfect solution! Almond butter contains lots of protein and many minerals including potassium, calcium, and iron. Not to mention that it is creamy and delicious. Topped off with our smooth and flavorful chocolate, these bars are a tasty and luxurious treat. Our favorite part is that this recipe is gluten-free and vegan making it the perfect snack option for many diets! All this recipe takes is a few minutes mixing a couple hours in the fridge and then it’s ready to enjoy!
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 1/3 cups of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of KakaoZon 63% Dark Chocolate Chips (or your favorite KakaoZon Dark Chocolate Chips!)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Desired toppings! We recommend chipped sea salt, coconut shreds, crushed almonds, and/or more chocolate chips!
- In a large bowl blend the almond flour, almond butter, flaxseed, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until the thick mixture is an even color and consistency
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil for about 20 – 40 seconds and stir until the chocolate is smooth and spreadable
- Fill a cake or brownie pan lined with parchment paper starting with the almond butter mixture, using a spoon to flatten, spreading it evenly in the pan
- Pour the melted chocolate over the almond butter mixture, smoothing it with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle coconut shreds, crushed almonds, or chocolate chips on top
- Place the pan in the fridge for 2 -3 hours or until ready to serve and then cut as desired and enjoy!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original Recipe by eatyourselfskinny