Chocolate Soufflé in a Mug
Happy National Chocolate Day! Here at KakaoZon we love to share amazing recipes to try with our chocolate, and what better way to celebrate than with a simple and tasty chocolate soufflé! This a quick, easy recipe for the refined palette. It showcases all KakaoZon’s chocolatey goodness with the rich flavors of Ecuadorian Cacao and only takes a few minutes to prepare!
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- KakaoZon Chocolate or Chocolate Chips (we recommend our 56% Dark Chocolate!)
- Add all the dry ingredients to a mug and mix
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth, it should be thick mousse-like but ensure there are no clumps of flour left
- Top with a few squares of chocolate or some chocolate chips!
- Pop it into the microwave for 40-60 seconds, wait for it to cool, and enjoy!
If you prefer a vegan alternative use plant-based milk or check out our vegan chocolate mug cake! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.