Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes
Halloween is almost here! So here are some yummy (and spooky) cupcakes, perfectly decorated for the occasion! Our cupcakes are delicious and decorating them can be a fun Halloween activity! Chocolate cupcakes are a fun, sharable snack for any celebration. These airy, moist, and rich cupcakes are the perfect base for your favorite frosting and fun decorations! So, make sure you’re not alone, start the scary movies, and get baking!
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (or unsweetened applesauce for a healthier alternative!)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups of KakaoZon Cacao Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- Halloween themed icing and toppings!
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add yogurt, flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the mixture and stir until smooth!
- Add buttermilk and blend until the mixture is an even color and runny consistency.
- Fill each cupcake liner about half-way to allow for the cake to rise!
- Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes or until you can poke it with a toothpick, and it comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for about 45 minutes (no one wants melted frosting!)
- Have fun decorating!
Our cupcakes are spooky but yours don’t have to be! This recipe is simple and perfect for celebrating any holiday, birthday, or event. Just switch up the decorations and enjoy these fluffy cupcakes anytime!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on Recipe by JustSoTasty