Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
Cookie cake is fun treat that shouldn't be hard to make! This single-serving, microwavable, vegan, and gluten-free version that only takes minutes to prepare! And there’s won’t be any bowls or pans to clean up! Our Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake is the perfect dessert after a long day, when all you want is something sweet but can't be bothered to bake a whole cake or batch of cookies. Featuring our 85% Dark Chocolate Chips with Coconut Sugar, this recipe has the perfect amount of sweet cookie flavor balanced with our rich chocolate chips, all with the fluffy texture of a cake! Plus, this recipe is plant-based and gluten-free, but it's so good, you won't even notice!
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of KakaoZon 85% Dark Chocolate Chips (this recipe works great with any of our chocolate chip options, but we think our dark chocolate offset the sweet cookie the best!)
- In a microwave safe mug or small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until even
- Combine the applesauce with the batter
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkle some more on top if desired (we promise it adds to the cookie look and experience!)
- Microwave for 70 - 90 seconds
- That's it! Enjoy!
Love trying simple vegan treats? Try our Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake next!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.