Double Chocolate Blondies
Chocolate may be our favorite flavor here at KakaoZon, but that doesn't that we don’t love blondies too! These blondies are gooey and delicious, and our favorite part is the extra chocolate we added! Not to mention that this recipe is pretty simple for bakers just starting out! These blondies are loaded with chocolate chunks and chips of our rich dark chocolate, which give these blondies a unique and extra rich flavor. We used our 85% Dark Chocolate Bar and our 63% Dark Chocolate Chips, but you use your favorite KakaoZon chocolate combo to make this recipe your own! This recipe is perfect to take along for summer picnics!
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk separated
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of bread flour
- 1 bar of KakaoZon Chocolate (We recommend our 85% Dark Chocolate Bar!)
- ½ cup of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips (We recommend our 63% Dark Chocolate Chips!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Over the stove or in the microwave, melt the butter until liquid and allow to cool (Ensure it’s cool before moving to the next step, no one wants scrambled eggs in their dessert!)
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, stirring until well combined
- To this mixture add both flours and mix well, until the batter is an even and smooth consistency
- Break up a KakaoZon chocolate bar of your choice to create chocolate chunks
- Add about ¾ of the chocolate chunks along with our chocolate chips, folding them into the batter until evenly distributed
- Spread the batter into a brownie or cake pan and top with the rest of the chocolate bar and more chocolate chips if desired!
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and enjoy!
Try this one out and let us know what you think!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Based on Recipe by Handle the Heat