Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Happy Thanksgiving from our family here at KakaoZon! We hope you have a wonderful day with friends and family. We also wanted to share a quick and easy banana bread recipe to enjoy with the ones you love! Sweet breads are perfect for the holiday season and ours has a chocolatey twist! What could make this fun and delicious dessert even better, chocolate chips of course! Banana bread is perfectly soft and sweet, without being overwhelming, and our dark chocolate chips add richness to this recipe. If you need a last-minute Thanksgiving dessert, give our banana bread a try!
- ¼ cup of butter
- 3 bananas
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of KakaoZon Chocolate Chips or more if desired! (We recommend our 85% Dark Chocolate Chips to balance out the sweetness of the bread!)
* Have Dietary Restrictions? Check out our substitutions below! *
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Warm the butter in a small saucepan until it melts. Set it aside to cool (once melted, it might help to put it in a small bowl in the fridge for a minute to speed up the cooling process)
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash them until there are no large lumps
- Add the brown sugar and mix those ingredients together
- Add the eggs, cooled butter (make sure it’s cool or else it’ll cook the eggs!) and vanilla extract, stirring the mixture until smooth
- To this mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir gently until the batter is smooth again
- Fold in the chocolate chips (leave some to sprinkle on the top!)
- Add the batter to a bread loaf pan (use a non-stick pan or non-stick spray if you would like to serve the bread out of the pan!) and sprinkle chocolate chips on the top, if desired!
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and enjoy!
- For a vegan alternative try ¼ cup of creamy nut butter instead of the butter (for an added nutty flavor and denser texture) and ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce instead of the 2 eggs
- If you need a gluten-free option almond flour also works with this recipe! Just use 1 ½ cups of almond flour and ensure that all the other ingredients (particularly the baking powder) are gluten free
- For a less fatty option replace the ¼ cup of butter for unsweetened applesauce
We hope you and your loved ones enjoy the recipe!
By Rebeca Gonzalez. Video by Sophia Malcoyannis.