Chocolate Carrot Cake w/ Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Treat yourself to a delicious Chocolate Carrot Cake featuring a delightful fusion of rich chocolate and sweet carrots. This moist and tasty dessert pairs the goodness of grated carrots with the deep, chocolaty flavor for a satisfying and cozy experience. Crowned with a creamy layer of chocolate cream cheese frosting, it's a must-try that will have you coming back for seconds!
- Kosher salt
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Sour cream
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- All-purpose flour
- Start by whisking together the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set those aside.
- Next, cream the butter with the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Then add the oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the carrots in.
- Then, mix in the dry ingredients a little bit at a time until just combined.
- Gently mix in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into well-greased a 9″x11″ baking pan and bake at 350 F until a toothpick comes out with nothing stuck to it – about 35 minutes.
- Set it out to cool for an least one hour before frosting. Then, spread chocolate cream cheese frosting evenly over the top of the cake. I like to add a little texture with the back of a spoon.
- If you’d like, decorate with chopped pecans and more chocolate chips.
Written by Brunella Boccoleri, photos and video by Sophia Malcoyannis. Original recipe by Stefani Pollack.