It's Chocolate Cake Day, and of course, we have a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cake recipe you NEED to try. Our 72% Dark Chocolate Chips with Panela make this cake rich in Ecuadorian cacao, complimented by the earthy walnuts in each bite. Our 100% Organic Cacao Powder carries the enriched chocolate flavor in this recipe! This cake is extremely moist and creamy, and with a sprinkle of our sweet White Chocolate Chips, the perfect chocolate cake has been created!
- 7 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips and walnuts (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 360 F. Butter the pan, and dust it with flour, tapping out any excess. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with cacao powder.
- In a different bowl, mix eggs and granulated sugar. Beat with a mixer until a ribbon forms (Ribbon stage is a necessary step in cake recipes that calls for beating eggs and sugar together until a thick, voluminous batter is created, prior to adding the flour and any other ingredients)
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the flour with cacao powder, little by little, to the mix, while sifting it. For this, use a spatula and mix with encircling movements, making sure that the mixture doesn’t deflate.
- Bake Cake for 40 minutes (360 F) or until a toothpick or paring knife comes out clean. Let the cake cool off.
- In the microwave, melt your chocolate into a bowl/cup. Always check your chocolate every 60 seconds and stir.
- Stir so your chocolate is all melted and smooth. Cover your cake with the melted chocolate and walnuts, and enjoy!!
Want to try another delicious cake recipe? Try our Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins (and Cake!)!
Written by Madison Simone. Pictures and recipe by Jessica Duran.